Friday 31 December 2010

Samantha Pleet



So I was searching on Vogue for some of the Spring/Summer 2011 collections (which I will blog about another time) when I came across Samantha Pleet. I had never heard of her before but I am interested in her style. There were not many things that I could find about her but from her website I learned that she is an American design from Brooklyn.


This collection is her Autumn collection for 2010, so yeah I am a little late. I do like the colours that Pleet has used here. But I would just want to know why it is that in the autumn and winter colours that everyone changes from the bright colours from the summer to almost dull looking colours - call me naive in fashion - but why can we not wear bright or brighter colours?


Anyway, if I do find Samantha Pleet's collection in the shops I would like to buy something of hers. Though I would not exactly wear what the model's choice, I do like the jump suit from image 4 and the coat from image 6.
I have to admit I have a very bad habit for liking black clothing. I guess to break this habit would be buying brighter clothes right?

No comments:

Post a Comment