Tuesday 28 December 2010

Graphic Designs


A designer called Glennz

I have originally made this blog a 'design' blog but I haven't posted many things to do with design or photography (but I have a reason for that, as I'm waiting for my Nikon to arrive.)

My friend and I are starting a Christian clothing label called Just Jesus Clothing. It's new and we're still trying to get it off the ground. So in order to get some real good designs out, I've been refreshing my mind with some amazing graphic designs, photography, illustration - anything! I haven't done many graphics designs since I left college in May.

I was looking through some of the graphic design blogs that I used to use during A Level Graphics and I stumbled across some really really good designs.
One of my favourite websites would be Abduzeedo which is just a fantastic resource for unlimited photographic inspiration, illustration, logos design and other variations of graphic designs.



I'm not sure where I got this painting from but I absolutely love it. I love the detail in both the paintings. I think what draws me to these paintings is the colour as it seems to say quite a lot about the woman's emotion.
When I look at the paintings, especially the right image, it seems that the blue is showing the woman the calmness but her lips desire something more than peace - perhaps love? perhaps hatred? The splashes of colour above her cheek could show how she's letting it affect her mind.
That's just my perspective of what it could mean. :)

1 comment: