Thursday 21 July 2011

Kezia Frederick



Photography: Shiba Huizer
Designer: Kezia Frederick


While blog jumping I landed on a website by Kezia Frederick a fashion and textile designer. The blogs that I were jumping from (one for example was 'I am the nu black') were blogs that promoted the black culture in England, America, the West Indies and Africa. These blogs really inspired me to post something about the black fashion designers that hardly anyone knows about. Being from a West Indian heritage myself, I would love to see more black designers promoted to the status that most English and American designers are currently holding. 


From the outfits that I have seen, this designer is clearly showing off their African heritage that has been blended with their English living. Here are just a few of the designs. I love the patterns that reflect the traditional African robes - note I don't know much about the traditional clothing so do help me out - and of course I love the colours!! 


I present to you, Kezia Frederick.

1 comment: