Monday 10 January 2011

Style goes around

It's been three days since I last posted anything. I promise to make an appearance a lot more often!

Well the blog begins when I was inspired by the glimpse of a film I caught the other day. I have no idea what it was called but that it was on Film4 and it was set during the Second World War. So that would make the era from around the late '30s to mid 40s.
The glimpse of the screen that I remember well were two women one in navy blue and the other in a dark green both in suits. They were both very graceful women and they wore their clothes with confidence. (Yes I managed to catch this is a short excerpt of the film) There suits looked similar to the models below.


Though these were not exactly the same ones the two women had on, I saw these styles and I absolutely love them! These women seem to have the same prestige the women had in the film. Perhaps its just how women were in those days! But anyway, I think it's the tight fitted pencil skirts as they show off the models figures. I mean personally, I would not wear my skirt so long but I think that the length emphasizes the elegance of the suits.


These suits were re-modernised by C. Madeleine’s at the Vintage Fashion Showcase last year. From a glance at this re-modernisation we can see that the skirt has been shortened, but does it still have the same beauty as the 1940 models?

Well anyway, this was just one example that shows that style goes around.

Lee-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment