Tuesday 23 August 2011

On the Canvas #1


Kayobi | African Clothing & Accessories
A while ago, I came across someone where 'Make Fufu Not War' T-shirt and I was like wow! I like that idea - promoting Ghana and its culture and BOOM! you have Kayobi Clothing.
Kayobi Clothing was founded in Ghana in August 2008 - their purpose "create a brand that truly captured the essence of Africa."

   


I created another monthly theme - 'On the canvas' is to recognise other great fashion designers, t-shirt labels, photographers - just artists in general really.


As you all know, I don't like to write loads, so I'm going to get to the point, I chose to post this because I like the way that the purpose for the t-shirt is completely different from what I've seen anywhere else. 




  
   





I love the next styles because they influenced by through the 1950s/60s Pop Art movement.  
I love this movement - its the simplicity of the colours that I like and that's what Kayobi Clothing has taken this style and made another rendition. 



  
 
  
 
 



 
  
 


Kayobi Clothing is available online (external links provided at the bottom) If you'd like to find out more about Kayobi Clothing check out the following :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! cool outfits, specially the girl's ones! Love the lipstick too :)

    http://fashmark.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete