Friday 4 February 2011

Topshop Spring/Summer Collection 2011




Now that I have just discovered Topshop's Spring/Summer collection I thought to write a little something about it.
To be honest, I did not enjoy this shoot as much as I expected. I like the poses and the photo shoot as a whole but I was not happy with the style Topshop is going to produce this Spring. I mean after strolling past Topshop today seeing a really nice manikin model, I had high expectations here! Slightly disappointed with that shoot but when I discovered this shoot,(below) I'm guessing it's an extended shoot for the Spring/Summer collection and I was impressed.
To me, this collection look like a mix of the contemporary and the 60s/70s. I'm pretty sure the 70s was that time of floral prints, maxi skirts and baggy clothing so have a look at what Topshop is calling it their Swedish Summer...

topshop4topshop2topshop3

I like the red photo shoot especially the outfit on top. I liked the outfit up until I saw the shoes - open toe shoes and white socks? Hmm maybe it's just me, but I can't adjust that.
At least the shoot below that one got it right! The stripy high waisted skirt with the red belt is great and she's wearing shoes that compliment her outfit.
The outfits in the middle are quite nice to look at but I'm not sure if I'd wear it as a whole. I really like the skirt on the top image. Amazing patterns when you see if closely. I like the length, even though my skirts NEVER go past my knees like that.

That's just what I've seen of Topshop's new collection it maybe better, it maybe worst.

1 comment:

  1. i think everyone is loving this topshop look!

    http://stephaniejoellelouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete